Steele Raven rides the wings of heavy metal on live compilation The Lost Years Collection, Vol. 1
The Lost Years Collection, Vol. 1 is an album that recently has been recovered from a 25 years old cassette tape and it offers a thundering slab of tightly played heavy metal, recorded live at an undisclosed location. The performance is loud and raucous, the riffs are huge, the sound thick as a brick.
The songs are cleverly composed, with plenty of hooks that harken back to the glory days of Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and even Kiss. Indeed, Little Lover’s refrain sounds like Gene Simmons’ band injected with a dose of steroids.
However, Steele Raven are not one-dimensional followers of a blueprint solidified in concrete decades ago by the British innovators. Only You is a power ballad that rocks with the best of them, though not quite as hard as Pantera do on This Love.
At 13 songs length, there’s plenty of material to digest, and although the sound quality isn’t pristine, it more than makes up with the attitude and conviction. Overall, this is incredibly solid heavy metal, played with zero delicacy or pretentiousness. Definitely one for the old-school fans!
Horns up: Masterful heavy metal played with authority and skill
Horns down: The overall style is a bit by-the-numbers, but hey, it’s heavy metal!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Watch the video
Find cool stuff
Drooble on twitter
- Get your music reviewed – Тop 5 places to start from October 16, 2018
- Depart on a Bounty Hunt Voyage for Drooble Karma October 10, 2018
- Singer-songwriter Edward Joseph takes us back to “2013” October 9, 2018