Progressive rock has many forms, and Haste Publika‘s reading of the genre is interesting. Their sound is rather lightweight, never thundering into all-out metal. Rather, there’s plenty of lightly overdriven guitar, subtle keyboard work, and gentle clean-sung vocals. The mood is airy and nostalgic, though never melodramatic or melancholic. Haste Publika are clearly very competent musicians, the most impressive part about their performance being their admirable restraint. The band members are incredibly tight, each playing exactly what is expected of…
Presenting itself as a progressive rock band, at the core of Teatrum‘s long and intricate compositions beats an industrial heart. The mix of competently explored progressive metal and pounding industrial beats and textures is extremely exciting, to the point of this Lisbon, Portugal band simply blowing our minds. Then again, knowing the brilliant mind behind it from his Dystopia Of Truth project, we hardly have the right to be surprised. At 12 songs length, there’s lots and lots of this…
Watch the video
Find cool stuff
- Musicians’ platform gives You an opportunity to earn money by writing reviews of other artists’ songs
- How Classical Music Influences Popular Music Today
- How did music notes get their names?
- Put your inner musician to the test: Personality, Rhythm and Musical Intelligence
- Why do musicians break their guitars on stage?