Real Names vs. Stage Names – Famous Musicians
Often times musicians present themselves with stage names by which they are known to their fans and supporters. There are many examples of artists, performers entertainers, actors and even sport celebrities around the world who use pseudonyms but we rarely have a reason to doubt the authenticity of someone’s name. Not that it’s much of a challenge to find information nowadays but it can be really surprising to discover your favorite musician’s real name is actually seventeen letters long.
Hardcore fans usually know this kind of stuff but we seriously doubt you’re a hardcore fan of all the people listed below. If you are, we’re sorry, you’re awesome. Anyway, we said to ourselves, hey, why don’t we make this info accessible for our readers? They’re nice people after all. That means you, you’re nice. So yeah, we made this for you, no charge:
1. Alice Cooper was born Vincent Damon Furnier
2. Marilyn Manson was born Brian Warner
3. Freddie Mercury was born Faroukh Bulsara
4. Billy Idol was born William Michael Albert Broad
5. Bob Dylan was born Robert Zimmerman
6. Elton John was born Reginald Kenneth Dwight
7. Moby was born Richard Melville Hall
8. Slash was born Saul Hudson
9. Stevie Wonder was born Steveland Morris
10. Tina Turner was born Anna Mae Bullock
Can you think of any other examples of famous musicians using stage names? Le us know in the comment section below.
For more music-related goodness, head over to Drooble.com