Music facts you probably don’t know about
Knowledge is everywhere. We learn from everyday life, from books, magazines, from blogs, from friends, from everywhere. Learning is a process that never stops throughout our lives. Knowledge is like an ocean, the deeper you get, the more you understand what a tiny part of it you’ve acquired.
There are tons of interesting facts that we happen to learn about by chance. Here is a list of some music facts, we thought is worth reading for:
1. Harmonica is the top-selling music instrument in the world.
Really, has ‘Once Upon a Time in the West’ anything to do with that? We have always thought that the guitar is the winner here.
2. The number of recorded CDs and blank CDs sold are said to be about equal.
Wow, this must be a pain in the ass for the music industry, right?
3. Duran Duran took their name from a mad scientists in the Barbarella movie.
At least it is easy to remember.
4. The surname of the only band member without a beard in ZZTOP is Beard.
Well, that’s really weird, isn’t it?
5. U2 were originally known as Feedback.
OK, that was a good decision.
6. Kiss member Gene Simmons can speak Hungarian.
This means he is able to learn any language LOL!
7. Michael Jackson is said to have spent 3 weeks working on the bassline for Billie Jean.
Michael is great, no doubt about that.
8. The orchestra of Monaco is bigger than its army.
Peace! Make music, not war
9. The oldest artist to top the UK singles chart was Louis Armstrong (aged 66 years and 10 month) in 1968 with What A Wonderful World song.
Brilliant song but hey, did we manage to keep the World that wonderful?
10. Termites eat wood twice as fast when listening to heavy metal music.
Music makes the world go around!